Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Alert Status Red

Photobucket
Good Morning everyone out there in Blogland, I hope your week has been going along quite nicely. Mine is a goooing, it has gotten quite chilly up here in the past couple days, which is all the more reason to get cozy and bundle up. I'm feeling under the weather (Still? Again? Constantly?) so this weather is forcing me to stay indoors, drink tea and cuddle Mr. Duke, kind of the only way to get over any illness really. 
I bought this dress over half off at the beginning of summer and still really love it, the orange/red is such a unique shade. Red and lace are two things of my favourite things that I think suit me quite well. This dress however is a wee bit on the short side but that makes it perfect for fall and winter! Slap on a pair of tights (because how else would you put them on?) add some layers and you are set. 
I recently got my hair done, we decided to dye a few bits bright red, unfortunately the colour washed out to a weird orange colour reallly fast (see mondays post) but luckily I am a smart cookie and went and picked up some Special Effects hair dye in "Candy Apple Red". An hour later I have bright, vibrant red bangs and I am loving it!
xJennaD
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
My dads photo skillllzzzz
Photobucket
Outfit: Dress-U.O, Tights-H&M, Jacket-Zara, Scarf-Ardene, Shoes-Goodwill, Necklace-Stella and Dot

13 comments:

  1. you look great! do you guys have NO snow? we have tons over here and only 2 hours away! AHHH If you guys have none im def there on Saturday to escape! haha

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No snow yet!! Hopefully it stays that way for a while!!

      Delete
  2. Not only is that like the perfect denim jacket but I love it paired with that vibrant dress - so cute!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    P.S. It was awesome to meet you and grab coffee - we should do it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We should definitely go for coffee or do lunch :)

      Delete
  3. That dress is an amazing colour! Such a great find. I love the spotty tights too, whenever I see people wearing them I think of dalmations. Doggy cuddles are always the best - hope you feel better soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for stopping by & commenting on my blog! :) Student budgets suck, but they do teach you to be more creative with how you dress (or maybe that's just an excuse I make for myself :P). Your hair looks fabulous!

    xo

    UNIque - a college/uni lifestyle & fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really want to get my hair done like yours! now! smart to get the red color to dye over it - it looks good either way though honestly. and i LOVE this color of dress on you. and the tights. and i want to go put on a scarf now.

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails // current giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do it! It's fun to add a bit of bright!
      Thank you so much :D

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely blog, and the pop of colour that your red dress gives creates such a nice autumny vibe ^^

    PS: be sure to drop by my new blog c:
    http://bunnibonbon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenna your hair looks gorgeous! I love the pops of red :)
    Your tights are adorable xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, you and your gorgeous hair! The vivid red looks so pretty! You would never know that it washed out to an orange color. The red dress really makes it pop too. And hello, those tights too - I really need to find a pair like. Completely darling as always. Stay warm up there in that chilly weather! xo Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This colour didn't wash it, this is the colour I used to cover it :) It's awesome!!
      Thank you :D

      Delete
  9. im obsessed with that dress! the color and it being lace is just perfect!

    xo, Carla
    misscarlaviolet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love!