Thursday, March 24, 2011

Flower in the sun

Title: Flower in the sun-Janis Joplin. I am not in the sun, but hoping to be!Photobucket

This is me trying to dress springlike to bring spring to me! This is one of the dresses that I broke my shopping ban for. I saw this print and I had to have it. Because you know I'm a huge sucker for a print. Florals and pockets? Yes please! My shopping ban only lasted from march 1-march 22. But it's a starting point.

I feel like I'm a smarter shopper, I know what I want, how much I'm willing to buy, what I want to spend etc. I just ordered a skirt, a top and some cute underthangs off F21 website last night too. It was after MUCH deliberation and thinking of what I could pair them with etc. And for the next 3 weeks I am only going to try to only thrift/vintage shop, if I feel the need to shop. A new challange!

Back to this look, this is what I wore yesterday. We all know I adore this print, and I'm having a bit of an obsession with my white tights/socks (I want to wear them with evvverything). I like them better with my little booties too, which I am busting out after their hibernation, spring or not! OH, I got some flourescant orange nail polish. Love.
xJennaD

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



outfit: Dress-F21, Tights-H&M, Socks-Ardene, Sweater-Jacob, Belt-Vintage Calvin Klein, Scarf-Camping goods store in Victoria, shoes-Winners
Is it just me or is this outfit a mix of clothes from a bunch of odd places?

20 comments:

  1. I really, really love the pop of the yellow scarf and your nail colour.
    Can't wait to see your F21 purchases :]]

    Charlotte xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i guess it is quite a random mix but each piece is gorgeous, especially the dress :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember living on the prairies and trying to make spring arrive by wearing bright clothes in March. I never could make it work but I can completely sympathise :) I love the way the yellow scarf pops against the floral dress, and those shoes are adorable.
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on a shopping 'ban' right now too, but I bought a bathing suit from F21 the other day...good bathing suits are hard to come by! I LOVE the orange nailpolish, and this dress is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you always pair unexpected colors with neutrals and create the most amazing combinations! i wish i were as brave... this look is fantastic! and i sure do love yellow, always :)

    i'm definitely not banning myself from shopping, just generally trying to redirect my energy. if i feel like shopping i always go thrifting... it's a great way to burn that consumer energy without spending as frivolously. lately i just try to stay away from stores and i haven't felt the urge, so i'm going to stick with that for now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that you commented on one of the blogs I follow (Bow Ties are Cool) and I decided to check yours out and love it you are so pretty and I LOVE your style! I’ve been reading past posts and looking at your pictures! You are too cute to be true! I just started following today! I'm a new blogger and need all the support to get some new followers! If you could follow back that would be cooler than wooden platforms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a really cute outfit and I love the bright yelow scarf with it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute springy look you've got going on. It's like you're telling winter to go take a hike! hehe.. And I can see why you wanted to break your shopping ban. The print is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the bright yellow of your scarf! With the orange nails and that dress: perfection.
    Haha be careful, shopping at thrift stores and vintage shops is addictive! But SO GOOD. An exciting challenge indeed!
    I tried dressing as if it were Spring to get rid of Winter... and it snowed today and was really cold. Guess I'm not wearing Spring-y enough clothes! Maybe I'll wear shorts tomorrow and it'll get the hint ;)
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress + the tights + the sock = perfect! Love it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look adorable in florals! I feel like this dress was a decent reason to break the shopping ban. Also, I am ever so impressed you found oxford heels at Winners. What a smart little shopper you are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh more white tights and socks, so pretty, i must get some! love it honey xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty cool, actually, that the outfit is from a mix of places! but it all works! pretyy dress!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I'm loving all of these gorgeous pieces together, that dress is so, so lovely. AND yay, for spring being right around the corner. Happy Friday, hun. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the combination of the florals and colour pop scarf - great outfit, lovely blog, definitely following!
    Beth @ Baking and Brogues
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This outfit is so adorable. I love everything about it! You have great style. I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your yellow scarf is the purrrr-fect addition.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  18. this totally works, very springy indeed! the gold scarf, the white tights, the sweet florals: lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Argh I wish I could confidently wear white socks or tights, but I always feel like they make my legs look so blobby. You make me want to wear them anyway though! And I need to start shopping smart too... last weekend I bought a ton of stuff without trying it on and one of the things just looks awful on me. Must not do that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never know how to wear white tights...but I feel like they look great on you! I will definitely be looking through your blog for some more ideas on how to pull it off. Its great with the floral!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love!