Friday, December 31, 2010

Year in Review

After reading everyone else's year in review I thought I should do one too!! Even though it's a little late, it's okay.
From the top:

March: This is when I officially started this blog, I had been getting really into reading others blogs online and felt I had a voice, something to say and needed somewhere to showcase my individual sense of style. At University putting effort into the way you look isn't always well received, but I love clothing so I express this everyday.


Photobucket

April: I remember we had BEAUTIFUL weather this month, and it was ridiculously unseasonal, but I enjoyed it anyways. I spent majority of this month studying my butt off, this blog kind of fell to the back of my mind.

Photobucket


May: The month of the first unsuccesful attempt at putting a stent in my Aorta. May 18th left me with a large battle wound, hurting, and laying on the couch for the last 2 weeks of the month and into June.

Photobucket
Photobucket
June: I spent majority of this month trying to get better, a lot of my time and energy went into physically recovering. Going for walks, trying to get strength back. At least the weather had finally turned lovely and at the very end of the month I got to go back to work!

Photobucket
July: On the mend and feeling energized I began work at a flag girl doing construction for the summer, I made wicked cash fast for school and got a long really well with my crew. However getting home sweaty and dirty after a 10 hour day doesn't allow one to excercise much creativity in clothing options. Long weekend and rain days were the only time I got any blogging done.

Photobucket

August: The month of my 21st birthday! I celebrated with a large party in my backyard and plenty of cupcakes. Then on the 17th attempt #2 was made to get the stent into my Aorta...this one went worse, leaving me in the hospital on the day I turned 21 (august 20th). The rest of this month was spent trying to come to recover because I had to go back to University on the 8th of September. The main thing I learned from all this is I am so much tougher than I ever imagined, the doctors were impressed with my humour and quick recovery.

Photobucket
My best friend and I at my "surgery themed" party
Photobucket

September: Back to school! And when I started really getting into blogging, I started near the middle of the month to try to set aside time for this every week, because I really love it. The leaves started changing and we had really gorgeous weather. I also changed my hair for the first time in 2 years!! From a brunette with lots of pink to a bona fide redhead! This definatly changed the way I dressed.

Photobucket

October: Full on fall, beautiful colours everywhere! We of course had our first snowfall during this month (as always) and because of plunging temperatures layers started to get piled on, much to my delight. I absolutely love wearing layers, I think it so much more interesting to style layers. The month of thanksgiving was fun, and interesting, school started to get more intense. My body finally felt normal again. I also started getting lots of readers! Yay, no more talking to myself :)
Photobucket



November: Midterms? Yup! Papers? Yup! New jobs opportunities? Yup! What a great and crazy month. I definatly got more committed to this blogging community. I feel like I've made some friends, and I get excited to read all your posts every morning. By the end of this month temperatures had plummeted and we had lots of SNOW!!
Photobucket


December: Now here's a crazy month! The month of finals, the month of merriment! School was intense, nothing but final projects and nose in the book for hours upon hours. But by the 17th I was free to get excited for christmas. I had the best christmas with family and friends, and although my older brother couldn't make it home from Victoria it was still fun!

Photobucket
Photobucket


Now it's time to bring in, See ya later 2010!

8 comments:

  1. That blue dress is soo gorgeous! I'd love to have it :)
    Jenna, you are a really strong person. I admire you for sharing those pictures from your surgeries. And I am soo happy that you've recovered so well and so fast! Happy new year to you - it'll be an amazing one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely recap! Doesn't flagging suck?! I hated it, but liked the cash ;) Can't wait to see what the new year has in store for you!

    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recap Jenna!! I hope this year is happy & healthy and that we get to see more incredible outfits by you. Those animal print tights are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see you recovered well from the surgeries :)

    Great pictures and I'm supremely jealous of your hair - the color is amazing!! Happy New Year!

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. just found your cute blog. i wish you a new year of health and happiness! you seem like a strong lady and you have great style!
    happy new year!
    <3 mode.
    http://modestylist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've had quite the year, my dear, but you've made it out the other end... and all the while, you've worn the cutest selection of dresses I've ever seen :) Wishing you all the best for 2011! I can't wait to see what you'll be wearing this year :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you lovely ladies! I appreciate it soo much :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  8. black dress with flowers look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love!