Friday, January 24, 2014

Fit friday: Apps!

 photo 53cb6192-71f4-4fd4-9b0f-0340430bdef1_zps4473d3de.jpg
Fitness Apps!
Technology has come so far and is another tool to help you in your fitness journey. There are so many apps out there designed specfically for fitness! Whether you need something that tracks your workouts, meals, or gives you ideas for new workouts there's an app for that ;)
My Fitness Pal:
 Great for tracking food, I love that they have a lot of different stuff on there. I don't log mine everyday anymore, but I did when I first started just to get an idea of the kinds of foods I was eating, what was too much/too little etc. My only beef is that it said I should only have 1200 calories a day, when my RMR (resting metabolic rate, which is the amount of calories I need to eat just to run my body and not even factoring in moveing) is over 1400.
Couch to 5K:
 One of my best friends used this and absolutely loved it. They have couch to 10km and couch to half marathon. These are awesome if you're new to running or need a schedule
PumpUp:
 I love this one because it personalizes workouts for you, you give it a goal, whether it's at home/gym/away, your time limit, the type of equipment you available to use etc. It's pretty cool, you can choose body parts to work on and it gives you circiuts to do!
Fitbit:
 This app has trackers you can sync with it but you can also use it without having them, it's similar to my fitness pal but allows you to build meal plans which is nifty!
These are great because they give you something to be accountable to. I know theres a ton of people who eat differently (usually healthier) if they know they have to write it down. Most of these apps are free so try something new to challange yourself and your fitness :) Also theres so many different ones out there, so if none of these work for you it doesn't mean there isn't one out there, keep trying!
 photo 18848ca6-dfca-4f2c-b546-13eca8062e29_zps016ec7c8.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I always find these apps fascinating but I usually end up at the gym with my junky iPod blindly trying to make a "routine" - I may actually download a couple of these! That or do you feel like being my personal trainer/life coach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your sweet words, they made my day!
    One day I'll have a smartphone and dive into this great world that is apps...!

    Have a great weekend,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this! ever since signing up for the marathon, i've been into everything fitness. i love the idea of couch to 5k!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love!