Friday, May 6, 2011

Lightness of Being

Photobucket

Good morning everyone! Guess what? It's friday. And I reallyreally wanted to do an inspiration post again, but I just got my camera back, and got a hair cut so I just had to do an outfit post. I am sooo happy to have my camera back, the repair was $260 and worth every penny. The quality of the photos from my camera is so much more obvious to me. But it makes me really happy. The plan was originally to grow my hair out nice and long for the summertime, but with surgery (hopefully) coming up soon, long hair is way too much of a hassle. And now my head feels very light and happy!!


I love this polka dot skirt, I have to physically stop myself from wearing it every day. Today I added my lace top, a bright coral scarf, cardigan and knee high socks. I feel so scandelous in the knee highs and a shorter skirt, even more so than bare legs! Weird? It ended up being pretty warm yesterday so at work I shed the socks, and scarf. I am so glad it's starting to get super nice out. Next week it's supposed to be in the 20 degree celcius mark. I don't even know how to dress for that nice of weather!! I'm excited though. I can't wait to be able to wander through green grass and have flowers blooming.


Next thursday/friday not only am I working my normal job @ payless, but I'm also supposed to be photographing some stuff for the cities chamber of commerce, a golf tournament and a "fun night". Which should be really fun! Pay me to hang out at a golf course and take pictures? Count me in.

xJennaD
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
outfit: Top-F21, Skirt-Zara, Cardigan-?, Socks-ardene, necklace-gift, scarf-Swap, shoes-Winners



Hair:
Photobucket

inside house light vs. natural lighting
Photobucket
So red!!

24 comments:

  1. I'm glad your camera is fixed. I don't even own a good one, but I can imagine how distressing it would be to be separated from it! Your hair is lovely, by the way. After my vacation I want to do something drastic to mine.

    "I feel so scandelous in the knee highs and a shorter skirt, even more so than bare legs! Weird?" Absolutely not weird. I feel the same way. When I wore this outfit, I felt the EXACT same way. But I like the look, too. So I guess I'll have to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your skirt!!! ;) You have a new follower.kiss

    http://theboxofdreamsofcharlotte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, I LOVE this outfit. Maybe my favorite so far :). All of the pieces together are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly: your hair looks beautiful! It looks so healthy and the colour looks amazing :) Secondly: I love the skirt! It looks wonderful with the socks, but i totally know what you mean about feeling more scandalous than when you have bare legs! So odd... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i went thru a period of red hair...it was so bright, i loved it. this blue skirt definitely has endless combinations. love it here with the peach scarf. oh, and i bought a green bag like this! i was browsing UO for green denim with no luck, but saw a green bag. i must be obsessed with this color!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh love your hair color, the red is so vibrant! and the poka dot skirt is way too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the polka dot skirt too! So cute. I've been thinking about going red.. this looks pretty on you! Congrats on the photography gig, sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hair! And yay for your camera being fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow i love your outfit! i have a polka dot denim skirt- can't stop wearing it haha! ronan x

    ronanronanronan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big welcome home to your camera!!!

    Everything about this outfit is 110% adorable-- especially with the socks<3 I've got a soft spot for cute little socks, but am still trying to feel comfortable wearing outfits with them.

    Hopefully the weather continues to stay nice for you; at least until after your photography job. :)

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so pretty!! Your hair color is amazing. It must be neat to have hair color change from inside to outside:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy crap. You're freakin' adorable. I love the red hair, and that skirt with the itty bitty polka dots. So cute.

    xoxo
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the new hair! And I know exactly what you mean about the knee socks. I feel the same way. Not sure why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair looks phenomenal! You always have such amazing volume, so I have to ask; what's your secret?

    I just love your polkadot skirt, it's no wonder you want to wear it every day :) And your scarf is just perfect, although I think I might be biased... It looks eerily similar to one I have from Jacob :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooh awesome hair!! looks goood!! =D

    and i love that skirt! it's super adorable! i can see why you love it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. glad to hear about the camera! love the outfit, you look so lovely!
    stylingphotodiary

    ReplyDelete
  18. I so love your hair style, so perfect and colour so beautiful!
    I know what You mean about bair legs and wearing socks, I don't know why but it trully feels scandolous. Those socks are super cute and your skirt so fabulous. You look so, so pretty!

    xoxo Ra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love the new hair!! You look incredibly gorgeous. And the outfit is super cute of course. Have fun with your camera back. :D
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. u look so cute

    http://fashionbong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I immediately noticed the extra sheen to your hair, so gorgeous!! and you have amazing nails! AND bare legs (I'm disregarding the socks) for the first time this year, YEAY spring!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Omgosh, I LOVE your skirt Jenna!! It's my new crush. Fab pics and gorgeous hair!! OXO Nat

    ReplyDelete
  23. HI! I just loove that outfit! And your hair is sooo beautiful!

    Following you from Portugal*

    http://fashionviktima.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love!