Monday, March 21, 2011

Sick Girl

Photobucket
My mean face

If I look cranky in some of these photos, please forgive me. I had a weird cold all last week, I'd wake up feeling like death with a swollen throat and then as the day went on it'd disappear (with the help of lemon ginger tea). These pictures are from friday I believe, green beer the night before + hurty throat = grumpy Jenna. But I feel a million times better after this weekend. Thank you for all the comments on the man and mines 2 year! He actually really read my blog for the first time after that (& even showed his mom, shes so cute and they both loved it!)
I wanted to wear my lace tank top over my heart dress, so I knotted it at the side (told you I'm obsessed) and wore my coziest sweater to make me feel better. Put on my favorite knee high boots and I was set. I couldn't resist wearing my heart necklace with my heart dress, because you know I'm sweet like that. I love the texture that the lace and chunky sweater add to this look. So I was comfortable and loved what I was wearing, best of both worlds!
Oh and I know people say you shouldn't wear navy and black together. But I do anyways, I try not to buy into these rules, because I like the way certain things that are "wrong" look sometimes.
xJennaD
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I cracked a (sort of) smile!
Outfit: Cardigan&leopard ring-F21, Dress-Urban Outfitters, Lace top-Bootlegger(seriously), knee highs-Winners

20 comments:

  1. I love the lace top, it looks great with this cardigan!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. navy and blue look magical together. Damn the man. Ignore the lies they feed you ;)

    Congratulations on your anniversary! And you must be so happy to have him actually read your blog.

    This is one of my fave looks of yours. Awesome colors, divers textures, and unexpected combinations.

    xoxo
    Sophi

    ReplyDelete
  3. gawd...same here with the throat! i still feel a bit groggy, but better that last week. love the idea of the lace over your dress! get well :)

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you're feeling better lovely. you look fab here, the lace over the red heart print is so sweet xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the components of this look, the boots, skirt, top, and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better dear! I love the way you layered the lace top over the dress, so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I hope you feel better girl! Colds are no fun. Luckily, I've been able to avoid them for the past few months, knock on wood.

    I really love all of the colors/textures in your outfit! So creative and makes for a gorgeous outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you were feeling under the weather. But you were looking gorgeous in your outfit. And I like the navy cardigan with your outfit. Who care's about that black and navy rule anyways;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get well soon! I hate those weird changing-seasons illnesses, yuck.
    At least you look lovely! You're so clever with the tank knotted over the dress :D And I totally wear black and navy together all the time, I agre that sometimes "don'ts" end up being total "do's"!
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say we scowl till the snow melts... Maybe if we all do it, it will get the hint and leave sooner. Glad your feeling better though! I just bought a similar top at (gasp.) walmart. I got it home and thought...now what do I do with this? I WILL wear it though because I braved walmart on a weekend for it!! haha...maybe I'll have to copy you!

    Shy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally don't blame you for wanting to wear that top over the dress..it's so cute like that!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep those rules are crap! I wear navy and black, too. You look still amazing although you had a cold, darling ;) This dress is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello my little contest winner! You've officially won 2 tickets to Fashion Week for this Thursday night! Check your email ;)

    xx
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the lace top over the dress. Congrats on your two years :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy (late) Two Years! I love how you layered the lace over the leopard print. It's very original and works suprisingly well.

    jenniwells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so missed your blog while I was out of town and this is just the reason why. I am so obsessed with the knots but cannot make them. Errr!

    ReplyDelete
  17. aw trust me i understand! i really hope you feel better soon dear :):)
    i love the lace on you, it goes so perfect with your lovely dark hair! i love the romantic look on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love love LOVE this entire outfit! That heart dress is my favorite thing ever (omg heart print!!), and the lace top over it is genius. Plus those boots just do me in every time. Stop being so cuuuuute. >:C

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look so lovely :) And oh my Gosh - do you really still have that much snow??!

    MY INSPIRATION

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  20. a belated congrats to you and your boy, you guys look ADORABLE together! and you're totally making navy+black work here btw.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love!