Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spread the Love

Photobucket

Hola!! It is sunday morning, the sun is shining and I'm feeling pretty chipper actually. This is my outfit from yesterday, nice and casual for a saturday afternoon spent thrifting! I found a couple thrift stores in town and went looking for some bargains.

I found a blazer, a bright blue suede skirt, and a black dress all for $3. I didn't have any cash on me (like a fool) and the lady behind me paid for it!! There are some really awesome people out there, she told me I just had to do something nice for someone else. The next thrift store I went to I found a sweater for $5, so I got the lady to charge me $10, and the person behind me in line would get 5 bucks off there purchase. It was fun to spread the love. AND I got such great deals. So I think everyone should go out of there way to try and do something nice for a stranger today :)

I wanted to wear my blue print dress that I got from Urban Outfitters, but I wanted something comfortable and laid back. It was really nice out so I was able to wear my new jean jacket and a chunky scarf. I switched over to my red purse for a bright pop of colour. I really liked the colours together, and this was a great outfit for running around. This jacket is my first ever Zara purchase, I don't know why I've never gone in there?! I will now. It was normally $60 and I got it for $20.

I went and played poker with my boy and a few of our guy friends and came in 3rd! Not too bad since it was my first time playing. It was really amusing because after the other couple guys folded they drank a lot, and I wish I had had my camera because halarity ensued. And I had to drive boy and other friend home because they couldn't have walked! Poker night with the boys was definatly a success haha!

xJennaD
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
outfit: Dress- Urban Outfitters, Jacket- Zara, Purse- Winners, Scarf-Gap

10 comments:

  1. Great dress! And poker nights are so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loove your red bag!
    it's so vibrant! :)
    stop by sometime, xx natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm Starbucks! No outfit is complete without it! Haha! Great blog. Following you now!

    XO, Liza and Jewls
    I LIVE FOR IT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spreading kindness is the best feeling ever! Combined with thrift shopping, I can't imagine anything better ;)
    Love your dress, and that necklace is so beautiful, such an interesting design!
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That red bag is the perfect compliment to this look. Love the shape of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress and the jacket and bag look awesome too! I've been wanting to go thrifting but we don't have any nice places around here. Sounds like you got some awesome deals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so glowy in here, I love this outfit & LOVE that bag! Such a sweet story too- why I love Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress has a really cool print! And I like the color combo too! Nice pop of red!
    Damn I want to go thriftshopping too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the love!